Since I’m headed to the great state of Arkansas today, I offer you this timely reminder of what makes us unique. In keeping with the spirit of the Write Tribe seven day blog challenge (prompt: the number seven), below are seven signs you might be from Arkansas if…
1. At the end of each week your family’s heaping mound of dirty laundry easily sorts into three piles—whites, darks and Razorback red. Proudly, the Razorback load is always the largest.
2. You give directions based on minutes with no regard to mileage. Jonesboro is about an hour from Osceola.
3. Your momma taught you to never wear white after the opening day of dove season. Camouflage is acceptable any time of year.
4. You eat dinner for lunch and supper for dinner. Both include ranch dressing.
5. You become absolutely giddy at the smell of crop defoliant.
6. You have a cousin or uncle or brother or husband or child or all-of-the-above named Bubba. Or Bubba, Jr.
7. Calling the hogs makes you downright teary-eyed.
Woooo Pig Sooie!