This glazed salmon and spinach salad recipe has an impressive list of health benefits longer than the ingredients. I listed all the vitamins and other superfood powers at the end of the post so you can see for yourself. And as an added bonus, your family and/or guests will think you slaved over this delicious meal. You can tell them how quick and simple it really was… or not.
Ingredients: (serves two)
- two pieces of salmon (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach and arugula mix
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Boil eggs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together soy, vinegar, sugar, ginger, lemon juice and mustard. Place salmon in baking dish. Pour glaze over salmon and turn once to moisten both sides. Bake with skin side down for approximately 15 minutes, basting frequently. (Oven times may vary.)
- While salmon bakes, arrange greens, onion and tomato on dinner plates. Top with egg slices.
- Serve salmon over spinach salad. The glaze will serve as a dressing. If desired, squeeze additional lemon juice. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Essential fatty acids
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin Bs
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin K
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.