There’s no way for me to top yesterday’s post so I thought I’d show you the banana bread I made last night. My bananas were about to go bad. I froze a couple for smoothies later and smashed up the others for banana bread. This yummy recipe came from Food.com. They call it Best Banana Bread but I’ve renamed it Cloud Nine Banana Bread because that’s where I was when I baked it. Plus, it’s light as a cloud.
Better name, right?
The batter tasted like banana pudding, and it was all I could do to slide it into the oven.
An hour later, I was glad I did.
John took the whole thing back with him to Dallas this morning (he has a long commute), so I wouldn’t eat it. Now I wish I had a piece with my coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream together softened butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and smashed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Fold together.
- Pour into pan and bake for one hour.
Happy Monday, everyone!
Grace Grits and Gardening
Farm. Food. Garden. Life.
The Monkees – Apples, Peaches, Bananas and Pears