(This post is sponsored by Great Day Farms. All opinions are my own.)
Soon the Easter Bunny will come and go and then what? Once the novelty of dyeing and hiding and finding eggs passes, what will you do with all those eggs hanging around your house? They won’t last forever you know.
If you want to whip up a family meal using an entire basket of Easter eggs, I suggest this healthy egg salad recipe. Healthy because it’s made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. (And let’s be clear, I’m referring to boiled Easter eggs not plastic Easter eggs, although you may have those hanging around too…)
- 5 hard boiled eggs (I use Great Day Farms)
- 3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- dash ground mustard
- sea salt
- Dice eggs and mix with yogurt. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add additional yogurt and/or lemon juice if you prefer a thicker or thinner consistency. Serve with crusty bread as egg salad sliders, on crackers or carrots as appetizers, or scooped on a bed of lettuce.
Look at all these ways to serve egg salad…
Grace Grits and Gardening
Musical Pairing: (because it wouldn’t be Easter without this song…)
Easter Parade – Fred Astaire, Judy Garland