Hemingway wrote each morning before the day grew hot and sticky. I imagine he gazed out the window looking to the trees for inspiration. He strolled the grounds leaving behind the sweet aroma of his finest Cuban. He felt the ground vibrate as the train rumbled through downtown Piggott…
In my efforts to channel Hemingway, I’ve compiled a list of blogging tips based on his writing style and famous quotes.
1. Write short sentences. Write straight to the point.
2. Establish a writing routine, and write consistently.
3. Be sure to Make every word count. Use strong action verbs.
4. Don’t spoonfeed the reader. Write so your reader feels what you feel.
5. Write on the principle of the iceberg. For every visible part, seven-eighths is hidden underwater.